Sunday 11 January 2015

#25DAYSOFINDIE FROM A BIBLIOPHILE'S JOURNEY: Day 13

 #25DAYSOFINDIE FROM A BIBLIOPHILE'S JOURNEY




"One gemstone that changed her life....
Now it was almost before me. My breath quickened as I struggled to let go of the necklace. I even stood to pull the box with me, but the ribbon of the necklace reddened my wrist like a hot coal and I cried out in pain. Suddenly all I heard was my breath—in, out. The figure moved quicker and quicker, closer and closer…
The figure was now above me, drifting over my head, and then it tumbled on me with the force of gravity.
And then with a whimper, I fell unconscious as darkness surrounded me.
ARICA MILLER is thrilled to begin her sophomore year at Hill Valley Private Arts Academy. Little does she know that the prestigious school holds more hidden secrets than she’d anticipated—especially with the headmistress. After she accidentally comes into contact with a mysterious gemstone necklace, she receives strange hallucinations that connect to her family’s past. Arica soon realizes that this is no regular necklace, but a necklace that contains power beyond her knowledge. And that’s not all. Her world unwinds as she is absorbed with knowledge of a world of sorcery.
All dating up to Halloween night, Arica must face suspicious friends, monstrous creatures, and the truth of her family’s connection with sorcery. But worst of all, she must face a powerful enemy keen on only one thing: the gemstones."


"It's like discovering the Harry Potter of technology, before everyone else"

Someone is on the hunt for steam engine plans, and believe the master inventor, Nikolas Klaus, has it. The quiet, master inventor has been living for years in the small mountain town of Minette, away from a world, keeping his inventions to himself and watching after his family.

When the threat arrives, his granddaughter Tee, and her two closest friends, Elly and Richy, are drawn together as the heroic Yellow Hoods. Will Nikolas’ secret society ties cost him Tee’s life?

This young adult series is layered for the mature reader, making it great for readers from ages 9 to 90. The world is 1800s-eque, with a rich history that is explored throughout the series. Grounded fairy-tale elements are incorporated in the background, providing additional depth and enrichment for the mature reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment